- To allow every pupil to experience success at their own level.
- To promote a practical understanding of the range of activities in which they will participate.
- To make all lessons as physically active as possible, thereby contributing to the pupils' overall health and fitness.
- To encourage the pupils to accept responsibility for their own learning.
- To promote positive attitudes toward working with others in group and team situations.
- To engage the pupils in a wide range of activities which may provide foundation for participation outwith physical education and beyond into adult life.
Activities in S1 & S2
- Fitness Testing
- Creative Dance
- Social Dance
Kit required for P.E
The following guidelines should be adhered to for all PE classes:
- Clothing should be comfortable and practical.
- Warm sports clothing should be worn for outdoor activities.
- Sports clothing should not advertise alcohol or drink related products.
- Football/rugby boots will be required for rugby, football and hockey.
- Training shoes should be clean for indoor use and should have non-marking soles.
- Pupils should change before and after PE. They should not travel to or from school in their PE kit or go to other classes in their kit.
- Pupils are encouraged to shower after lessons, so a towel should be brought to all PE classes.
- Pupils should bring a note explaining any reason for missing PE on medical grounds.
Kit required for extra curricular Rugby and Hockey
- Emerald green polo shirt
- Navy blue games skirt
- Navy blue knee length socks
- Hockey stick
- Football boots
- Tracksuit (predominantly blue)
- Royal blue rugby strip
- Black shorts (S1-S3); Seniors wear white
- Royal blue socks
- Rugby boots
(PE kit can be purchased from Intersport, Galashiels & polo shirts from the PE Dept.)